Kennesaw State Basketball Band Audition Dates:
ALL AUDITIONS, unless otherwise noted, will be held in Music Bldg., Room 110C
DRUMSET AUDITIONEES should plan to audition at 3305 Busbee Drive
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Tuesday, Oct. 18 10:00am – Noon, 2:00pm – 4:00pm
- Thursday, Oct. 20 10:00am – Noon (SoM), 2:00pm – 4:00pm @ 3305 Busbee
- Tuesday, Oct. 25 10:00am – Noon (SoM), 2:00pm – 4:00pm @ 3305 Busbee
- Thursday, Oct. 27 1:00pm – 3:30pm
- Friday, Oct. 28 10:00am – Noon, 1:00pm – 4:00pm
Sign Up For An Audition Time Here
Saxophone (3 Alto, 2 Tenor, 1 Bari), Trumpet (8), Mellophone (2)
Trombone (6), Baritone (2), Sousaphone (3)
Drumset (1), Electric Bass (1)
The band will be made up of permanent members reflecting the above roster, as well as numerous alternates to augment, substitute, and expand the band as needed. It is our goal to have a band of as many qualified members as possible, creating a 1:1 (or better) ratio of permanent to alternate performers. This will allow more musicians the opportunity to perform with the KSU Basketball Band throughout the season!
Wind & Electric Bass Audition Material
- Two (2) major scales (chosen from Concert F, Bb, Eb, Ab, Db, C, G, A), demonstrating your full range. Suggested tempo = 132-152.
- Chromatic scale, in sixteenth notes or triplets (performer’s choice), demonstrating your full range. Suggested tempo = 100-120.
- One excerpt from either KSU Fight Song or Sturgis’ March (available for download here, electric bass please read the sousaphone/tuba part). Please prepare your KSUMB part (as applicable). Non-KSUMB auditionees should prepare 1st or 2nd part on their instrument, where applicable.
- Sight-reading will be selected from Rock, Latin, Funk, and Swing idioms (provided to you the evening before auditioning).
Drumset Audition Material
- Phase 1: You will be asked to perform several different styles (Rock, Latin, Funk, Swing) at varying tempos, as well as improvise with a backing track. This should be scheduled to take place at 3305 Busbee Drive.
- Phase 2: You will play with the live ensemble, and will be provided with lead sheets and recordings prior to this audition. Successful auditionees will play each of the following charts completely through:
- KSU Fight Song
- Sturgis’ March
- Eat ’em Up #1
- Everybody’s Everything
All auditions are scheduled at 10-minute intervals. Please be on time, and be warmed up, before you enter the room! Practice rooms are available throughout the Music Building for your use.